ESAL Journal Monograph on COVID-19
Based on high-level scientific, academic and professional knowledge, the most recent monograph (number 8) of the Journal of Higher Education in Latin America ESAL (July-December, 2020) presents content related to COVID-19 and higher education in the region, including in its agenda the following analyzes and authors:
- Action and reaction in times of pandemic: The university in Argentine in the face of COVID-19, Ana Fanelli, Mónica Marquina and Marcelo Rabossi.
- Impact of COVID-19 on higher education in Mexico, Salvador Malo Álvarez, Alma Maldonado-Maldonado, Jocelyne Gacel-Ávila and Francisco Marmolejo.
- Higher Education and COVID-19 in the Republic of Panama, Nanette Archer Svenson and Guillermina De Gracia.
- Peru: Higher education in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic, Flavio Figallo, María Teresa González and Verioska Diestra.
- First communications and general balance of public universities in Venezuela during the pandemic, Carmen América Affigne.
- COVID-19: Risks and opportunities for the internationalization of higher education in Mexico, Jocelyne Gacel-Ávila.
- What after face-to-face education?, Flavio Figallo.
- Higher education in Latin America in a post-COVID economy, Daniel Toro González.
- Latin American governments must support HEIs in the midst of the pandemic, Iván F. Pacheco
ESAL Magazine emerged at the Expert Meeting on Higher Education, held in Cartagena and Barranquilla (Colombia) between March 4 and 6, 2016. Biannual and addressed to the Latin American public, it contains articles in Spanish, Portuguese and English.
The UNESCO International Institute for Higher Education in Latin America and the Caribbean (IESALC) shares with its lectors this outreach tool which is possible thanks to the support of the Universidad del Norte (Barranquilla, Colombia), in alliance with the Centro de Educación Superior Internacional (CIHE) de Boston College (Estados Unidos), the Centro de Estudios en Políticas y Prácticas en Educación (CEPPE) de la Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, and the Sindicato das Mantenedoras de Ensino Superior (SEMESP) de Brasil.