This priority focuses on the promotion, ratification and dissemination of regional and global Conventions for the recognition of studies, degrees and diplomas, as well as on the creation of ideas and dissemination of information on trends in internationalization and academic mobility.
For this priority, the Institute has formulated the following objectives and activities:
The promotion of the ratification of the Regional and Global Conventions for the Recognition of Degrees and the dissemination of its advantages to the academic community
To this end, a specific strategy has been developed, in coordination with Headquarters, which includes the following activities:
- Development of sensitization and training materials on internationalization of higher education and academic mobility targeting:
- Governments and parliaments
- University institutions
- Launch of a campaign for the ratification of both conventions
Support for the creation of ideas and the dissemination of trends in the internationalization of higher education and academic mobility
Activities associated with this objective include:
- Preparation of an international comparative study on academic credits, and their role in student mobility, depicting the different models and emerging trends in alternative modalities for accreditation of completed studies.
- Preparation of a study on national, regional and international mobility programs for students, teachers and researchers.
The Global Convention on the Recognition of Qualifications concerning Higher Education came into force on Sunday 5 March, becoming the first legally binding United Nations instrument on higher educati…
The 2019 Convention opens up a range of opportunities to build a regional framework for the recognition of higher education studies, degrees and diplomas inspired by shared principles and values.…
The study states that international aid targeting tertiary education (TE) has almost doubled between 2002 and 2019, reaching US$5.3 billion in 2019 Nearly 35%-40% of annual tertiary education aid has …