This priority aims at promoting higher technical and professional education and institutional sustainability programs, as well as pedagogical updating through studies that contribute to a better understanding of the impact of emerging technologies.
This priority addresses the promotion of three areas:
- Technical training and higher academic education.
- Institutional programs for sustainability.
- Pedagogical updating using analyses to provide better knowledge of the impact of emerging technologies.
For this priority, the Institute has formulated the following objectives and activities:
Support the development of non-university higher education
- Prepare a regional comparative study on the current state of non-university higher education, the policies that promote it and its effects, as well as the mechanisms of articulation with universities.
- Convene, jointly with other organizations and networks, a Regional Forum on Non-University Higher Education Policies.
Advocate for higher education institutional sustainability programs aligned to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Development of a UNESCO-IESALC index of sustainability of higher education institutions, including the convening of meetings of experts and its subsequent piloting in five volunteer institutions.
Contribute to the pedagogical updating in higher education through analyses that contribute to a better understanding of the impact of emerging technologies
- Preparation of a series of reports that present the challenges arising from emerging technologies and how different institutions of higher education in the region and internationally face them, showing their practices in the areas of artificial intelligence, blockchain , and learning analytics.
We want to hear stories from you: Share an innovative learning practice in your own learning or around you!…
Innovation in education can be technological. The current tech revolution has multiplied the innovative educational tools available, creating enormous opportunities to move us closer to achieving SDG …
Prior to his participation in the X Congress of Continuing Education from the Pacific to the World, the team of PUCP spoke with Francesc Pedró, director of UNESCO-IESALC, about the new challenges and…