Universities actions in the face of Covid-19
The universities of the region were forced to suspend their activities and the vast majority turned their eyes towards distance learning under the virtual modality to address the educational disruption in the face of the crisis caused by the COVID-19 coronavirus. A panning of the websites of some universities in the region allows the visualization of some actions put into practice in the face of the pandemic, as well as their evolution over time.
In this survey it was found that some institutions already counted on digital platforms and distance working systems that facilitated the transition from face-to-face classes to virtual ones, for both teachers and students, with plans and modalities by faculty or departments. While for others, the interruption in training meant facing new challenges in the short term to give a timely response to the emergency.
This first investigation is part of the research process on the response of higher education to COVID-19 carried out by IESALC and will have regular updates resulting from monitoring and the information received in this regard.
- Universidad Nacional de Córdoba
- Universidad Nacional de Cuyo
- Universidad de Palermo
- Universidad de Campinas
-April 8th. Unicamp e sociedade se unem contra a Covid-19
- Universidad de Chile
- Universidad Andrés Bello (privada)
- Universidad Pontificia Católica de Chile (privada)
– April 3rd. Discurso inauguración año académico
- Universidad de Cartagena
- Universidad de los Andes
- Universidad de Costa Rica
- University of the West Indies (UWI)
- Instituto Tecnológico de Monterrey
- Universidad de Panamá
- Universidad Tecnológica de Panamá
- Universidad Nacional de San Marcos
-April 13th. CapacitacionesvirtualesparadocentesdePregrado
- Universidad Ricardo Palma (privada)
- Universidad de la República
- Universidad ORT (privada)
- Universidad Central de Venezuela
- Universidad Católica Andrés Bello (privada)
- Universidad de Carabobo
Foto courtesy of Pixabay.
Subscribe to our newsletter