Recognition Process Peru
Institutional actors and operational instances
Documentation required in order to initiate the recognition process
1. National Identity Card of the holder of the academic degree or university degree to be recognized, in the case of being Peruvian.
2. Passport or Alien’s Identity Card, in case of being a foreigner.
3. If the procedure is carried out by a third party, a simple power of attorney and the identity card number of the proxy is also required.
4. Original and simple copy of the diploma accrediting the academic degree or professional title, which, if applicable, must have the Apostille of The Hague. In case the country of origin of the diploma is not part of the Hague Apostille Convention, the diploma must be legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country of origin, the Peruvian Consulate in the country of origin, as well as by the Peruvian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
5. When the Sunedu can verify the authenticity of the diploma by accessing databases of records of degrees and diplomas of the foreign universities that granted them, The Hague Apostille or legalizations, as appropriate, will be dispensed with. The original and a simple copy of the certificates of studies are requested – the certificates of studies must have The Hague Apostille or be duly legalized, as applicable.
6. If the diploma or certificates of studies are in a language other than Spanish, the original and a simple copy of the translation must be carried out by a sworn public translator or by a certified chartered translator, stating the identification and registration number or, if applicable, the professional license of the professional in charge of the translation.
7. For the recognition, you must submit the research work or thesis that served as support for the Academic Degree or Professional Title, if required by the university where you studied. You must submit it in digital PDF format, in the original language, or indicate the URL address where it is hosted.
8. Payment of the corresponding processing fee of S/. 645.00 at the banks indicated by SUNEDU (Scotiabank, Interbank and Banco de La Nación). The originals of the diploma and/or certificates are scanned and returned to the applicant upon presentation of the application for recognition. In the case of the Returned Migrant (prior accreditation granted by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs) the amount to be paid is S/. 322.50.
9. The application for recognition will be evaluated within thirty (30) working days.
10. In case the evaluation is positive, a Resolution of Recognition of the Academic Degree or Foreign University Professional Degree will be issued, proceeding to its inscription in the National Registry of Degrees and Titles.
11. If any observations are found in the evaluation, they will be communicated to the e-mail address provided by the applicant. Note: You can receive orientation for the Recognition of Foreign Degrees and Titles through the platform: Sunedu online
Central: (511) 500-3930
Calle Aldabas N° 337 – Urb. Las Gardenias.
(Crossroads Benavides Av. and Caminos del Inca Av.)
Santiago de Surco – Lima
To support ratification in Peru, please write to:
President of the Congress: Cong. Mirtha Vásquez Chuquilín
Suscribirse al boletín
Subscribe to our newsletter