Recognition Process Costa Rica
Institutional actors and operational instances
Documentation required in order to initiate the recognition process
Steps to initiate the process:
1. Verification of Documents.
2. Registration of the Applicant in the System.
3. Completion of the Application Form.
4. Attach Documents.
5. Request Document Review Appointment.
6. Charge or Contribution of the Receipt of Payment of the Recognition and Equalization Process.
7. Resolution of the Application.
1. Application Form. Application form duly filled out (original and copy) for the process carried out in person. For online registration Click here.
2. Official Documents issued in a Foreign Language must be translated by an official translator duly certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
3. Legalized Documents. The legalization of the document can be done through the Costa Rican Consulate in the respective country or through The Hague Apostille Convention.
4. Identification Document. Identity Card for nationals or Migratory Document for foreigners. (Original and copy).
5. Documentary proof, certificate or document from the institution issuing the university diploma, duly legalized, indicating that the institution issuing the university diploma or higher education degree has the authority to do so and that the degree and title obtained are valid and officially recognized in that country.
6. The legalization of the document can be done through the Costa Rican Consulate in the respective country or through The Hague Apostille Convention.
7. Certification of the subjects taken, grades and grading scale.
8. Thesis or Final Graduation Work.
9. Plan and Program of Studies (Original and Copy).
10. Proof of International Agreement.
11. Degree Diploma.
12. Canceled Receipt for Recognition and Equalization Procedures.
Address: CONARE, Edificio Dr. Franklin Chang Díaz.
United States of America Embassy: 1.3 km al Norte. Pavas San José, Costa Rica.
To support ratification in Costa Rica, write to:
President of the Legislative Assembly: Dip. Eduardo Cruickshank
Subscribe to our newsletter