Recognition Process Cuba
Constitution of the Republic of Cuba
Revised Treaty of Chaguaramas CARICOM
Resolution 14/05 of the Ministry of Higher Education (MES)
Institutional actors and operational instances
Ministry of Higher Education of the Republic of Cuba
Documentation required in order to initiate the recognition process
For recognition, those cases in which any of the following circumstances concur will be eligible for the process:
1. The country of the foreign institution of higher education where the studies were taken has signed a collaboration agreement with the Ministry of Higher Education or there is one at government level, and the master’s degree program is accredited or authorized by the authorized body according to the legislation of the foreign nation.
2. The master’s program of the foreign higher education institution is previously approved to be taught in Cuba by the MES.
If the person interested in the recognition of his/her degree in Cuba is included in the preceding article, he/she shall enroll in the Directorate of Graduate Education of the Ministry of Higher Education’s registry, for which he/she shall submit the following documents:
1. Application for recognition of the Master’s degree.
2. Summary of the thesis in Spanish.
3. Copy of the Master’s degree (or similar denomination) authenticated in the country of the higher education institution offering the program.
You can register and access the Ministry of Higher Education’s Application Service here.
Did ratify the new Regional Convention?
Address: Calle 23 N° 565, Vedado La Habana, Cuba
Telephone: +53 7 834987
To support ratification in Cuba, please write to:
Minister of Higher Education of Cuba: MNST José Ramón Saborido Loidi
President of the National Assembly: Dip. Juan Esteban Lazo Hernández