13th International Congress of Higher Education University 2022: “University and Innovation, for a Sustainable and Inclusive Development” | Cuba
The Cuban Ministry of Higher Education and Cuban universities invite to the 13th International Congress of Higher Education University 2022, which will be held in Havana, between February 7 and 11, 2022, under the slogan “University and Innovation, for a Sustainable and Inclusive Development”, which for the first time will be held in a hybrid modality, giving continuity to the vocation of these events as spaces for meeting, dialogue and reflection of academic authorities, professors and students, aimed at identifying the commitment of university institutions with their time, which will contribute significantly to the collective and participating construction of a roadmap of Higher Education for 2030.
The inaugural conference “Government management based on science and innovation: advances and challenges” will be given by the first secretary of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of Cuba and president of the Republic of Cuba, Miguel Díaz-Canel. UNESCO IESALC director, Francesc Pedró, will participate as a speaker.
The main activities of the Scientific Program are:
1. Forum “Higher Education and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)”
2. Forum of Ministers and Authorities of Higher Education.
3. Forum “Perspectives on the future of Higher Education towards the UNESCO World Conference”.
4. Forum for the agreement and follow-up of the III Regional Conference on Higher Education, CRES 2018
5. Forum “Higher Education and COVID-19”.
6. Forum “University and sustainable local development”.
The presentation of papers will be organized around seven symposia:
• Symposium 1. Higher Education and the challenges for the future, internationalization and integration in the region.
• Symposium 2. Quality of Higher Education and Postgraduate Studies: current affairs and challenges for sustainable development.
• Symposium 3. University extension, commitment and social transformation for sustainable development.
• Symposium 4. Training of competent professionals from an inclusive and equitable perspective, for sustainable development.
• Symposium 5. University, knowledge and innovation for sustainable development.
• Symposium 6. Role of student and union organizations in Higher Education.
• Symposium 7. University – business linkage: a strategic vision for sustainable development.
For further information visite the following website: http://www.congresouniversidad.cu/