Promotion of higher technical and professional education and institutional sustainability programs, as well as pedagogical updating through studies that contribute to a better understanding of the impact of emerging technologies.
This priority addresses the promotion of three areas:
- technical training and higher academic education;
- institutional programs for sustainability; and
- pedagogical updating using analyses to provide better knowledge of the impact of emerging technologies.
For this priority, the Institute has formulated the following objectives and activities:
- Support the development of non-university higher education:
- Prepare a regional comparative study on the current state of non-university higher education, the policies that promote it and its effects, as well as the mechanisms of articulation with universities.
- Convene, jointly with other organizations and networks, a Regional Forum on Non-University Higher Education Policies (October 2020).
2. Advocate for higher education institutional sustainability programs aligned to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs):
- Development of a UNESCO-IESALC index of sustainability of higher education institutions, including the convening of meetings of experts and its subsequent piloting in five volunteer institutions.
3. Contribute to the pedagogical updating in higher education through analyses that contribute to a better understanding of the impact of emerging technologies:
- Preparation of a series of reports that present the challenges arising from emerging technologies and how different institutions of higher education in the region and internationally face them, showing their practices in the areas of artificial intelligence, blockchain , and learning analytics.