- This event has passed.
Virtual Forum “The New Regional Convention: challenges and opportunities for its implementation”
4 May, 2021 hora: 9:00 am
Within the framework of the actions aimed at promoting the ratification of the New Regional Convention on studies, the Virtual Forum “The New Regional Convention: challenges and opportunities for its implementation” will be held on May 4 at 9:00 a.m. Caracas time (GMT -4). The discussion will be attended by recognized authorities on the subject, such as María José Lemaitre (Chile) and Paulo Falcón (Argentina), who will debate on the following questions:
- Why has it been so difficult to move forward with the ratification of the New Regional Convention?
- What circumstances have prevented progress toward a framework of shared principles and practices to guide the process of recognition of academic degrees conferred within the region?
- What are the benefits of ratifying the New Regional Convention and developing subsidiary texts that standardize the evaluation processes?
- What are the implications for university admissions officers, students, employers and the general public?
- Why is it believed that the New Regional Agreement will serve as an instrument of traction in favor of intra-regional mobility?
The event will include welcoming remarks by Francesc Pedró, Director of UNESCO IESALC, and will be moderated by José Antonio Quinteiro, Program Coordinator of UNESCO IESALC.
This virtual session will be held in Spanish via Zoom through the link: https://unesco-org.zoom.us/j/96857659442
Access code: 326852