- This event has passed.
Second public consultation CRES+5 – Axis 12.2: The future of higher education in the Caribbean
22 November 2023 hora: 11:00 am
In preparation for the Regional Conference on Higher Education follow up (CRES+5), scheduled for March 13-15, 2024 in Brasilia, we invite networks, higher education institutions, stakeholders and other actors involved in higher education to join the second virtual Public Consultation Axis 12.2: The future of higher education in the Caribbean.
The consultation will take place on Wednesday, November 22, 2023 at 11:00h (GMT-4, Caracas) and 10:00h (Jamaica Time) and it is addressed to Caribbean Tertiary Education Policy Makers, Planners and Stakeholders.
The topic to be addressed is Financing Tertiary Education—International Perspectives and its objective is to contribute to the development of policies and associated strategies for financing tertiary education within Latin America and the Caribbean.
- The Jamaica Tertiary Education Commission (J-TEC).
- UNESCO International Institute for Higher Education in Latin America and the Caribbean (UNESCO IESALC).
- The Caribbean Area Network for Quality Assurance in Tertiary Education (CANQATE).
- Delroy Hunter, Jamaica Tertiary Education Commission, Moderator
- Steven Kerr, Assistant Chief Education Officer, Ministry of Education and Youth, Jamaica
- Roberta Malee Bassett, Global Tertiary Education Lead, The World Bank
- Michaela Martin, Programme Specialist, Education Planning, UNESCO IIEP
- Jean Claude Ndabananiye, Programme Specialist, Education Cost and Finance
- Dameon Black, executive director of the Tertiary Education Commission of Jamaica.
The proposals and priorities identified will be an integral part of the final document generated by axis 12.2 and will contribute to the construction of the final document of CRES+5.
We count on the participation of all stakeholders interested in the topic, in order to enrich the debate, the vision and the contributions of the Caribbean to CRES+5.
To register for the meeting, please access the following link:
Once you have registered, you will receive an e-mail with the login link and password via an automatic message from Zoom.