- This event has passed.
Innovative education in Brazil. Dialogue among young people
7 July, 2023 hora: 10:00 am - 12:30 pm
The event is part of a series of discussions planned under the Youth in Transforming Education Project (YPTEP) and the BIBO Academy, UNESCO projects led by the Institute for Higher Education in Latin America and the Caribbean (UNESCO IESALC), following the mandate of the Transforming Education Summit, held in New York in September 2022.
Through a global mapping survey and dialogues with different generations of students and other education stakeholders, the project aims to identify good practices in student-centered and student-led learning innovation, putting them at the center of proposals, recommendations and initiatives to accelerate Sustainable Development Goal 4 in the present, the post-pandemic era and the broader future in relation to the entire 2030 Agenda.
Intergenerational dialogues, organized at community, institutional, national or regional level, aim to promote the exchange of opinions, experiences and reports on innovative learning with a focus on young people from different generations and social contexts. In Brazil, this first dialogue will be held in Brasilia, with the participation of 6 young students from the University of Brasilia who will discuss innovative education, its limits, difficulties and opportunities in the country.
The participating public will have the opportunity to exchange ideas.
- To discuss what innovation in education means for young people in the Brazilian context and specifically in the context of Brasilia.
- To share innovation tools and techniques used by young people during their learning process.
- To discuss what existing practices in innovative learning should be maintained, improved or changed in the future.
- To explore what innovative tools and techniques can be applied to learning in the future.
- To redefine innovation and innovative learning based on locally identified challenges and opportunities.
Event in Portuguese
Time: 10:00h-12:30h UTC-3 (Brasilia)