- This event has passed.
Webinar – Progress towards SDG 4 in higher education: Challenges and policy responses in Latin America and the Caribbean – International Day of Education
24 January 2023 hora: 10:30 am - 12:00 pm
In the framework of the celebration of International Day of Education, the UNESCO International Institute for Higher Education in Latin America and the Caribbean (IESALC) is convening a webinar on 24 January 2023 to analyse the main challenges, trends and public policy mechanisms implemented by the governments of Latin America and the Caribbean since the beginning of the 21st century to democratise access to higher education. On the occasion, IESALC’s Working Paper 3 entitled Progress towards SDG 4 in higher education: Challenges and policy responses in Latin America and the Caribbean, will be launched. This event is part of UNESCO IESALC’s 25th-anniversary programme. Event in Spanish, English, and International Sign Language interpretation.
AGENDA – Caracas GMT-4 – Please check your local time
- 10.30h Opening and welcome remarks | Francesc Pedró, UNESCO IESALC Director
- 10.40h UNESCO work on SDG4 | Alejandro Vera, UNESCO Regional Office of Latin America and the Caribeean (OREALC)
- 10.50h UNESCO IESALC work on higher education and SDG | Mauricio Escribens, UNESCO IESALC
- 11.00h Panel: How LAC higher education systems contribute to SDG4:
– Dameon Black, Commissioner and Executive Director, Jamaica Tertiary Education Commission
– Miriam Alpizar Santana, Vice-minister of Higher Education of Cuba
– Veronica Figueroa, Vice-minister of Higher Education of Chile (TBC)
- 11.45h Closing remarks | Francesc Pedró, UNESCO IESALC Director
Registration link: http://bit.ly/3kqJjAU
This event is part of UNESCO IESALC’s 25th-anniversary programme.