- This event has passed.
EdTech for Transforming Education in Nigeria
27 July 2023 hora: 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Future Perspectives and UNESCO IESALC are hosting a virtual interactive dialogue with young education innovators in Nigeria as part of the capacity building component of the United Nations’ Global Youth Initiative.
The theme of the event is EdTech for Transforming Education in Nigeria, and it will explore the main challenges – Social, Economic, Infrastructural, Legal that EdTech innovators face in Nigeria to implement and scale their creations.
Keynote Speaker and Special Guest:
Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, SAN, GCON, Immediate Past Vice President of Nigeria, Founder of Future Perspectives
Speakers from the organization team (opening and closing remarks)
Ms. Abby Asekun, Director of Future Perspectives
Ms. Nike Mantey, Policy & Strategy at Future Perspectives
Ms. Bosen Lily Liu, Lead on Young People Transforming Education, UNESCO/IESALC
Ms. Lanre Oniyitan, Executive Director, SEED Care & Support Foundation
Rachael Onoja: AltSchool Africa
Victoria Ibiwoye: One African Child Foundation
Afeez Saka: Community Tech Lab
Oluwaseun Kayode – Schoolinka
Joy Ogbonna – KareerDay
Julius Ilori – Learner’s Corner
Guests: 6 youths and other partner stakeholders from different backgrounds and levels of engagement in EdTech, such as practitioners, creators, advocator, and policymakers.
Panel Topic : EdTech for transforming education in Nigeria
Objectives of the Dialogue:
- Explore how Nigerian youth are adopting EdTech to innovate their own learning paths through higher education and their transition to the labor marker.
- Discuss how is EdTech being incorporated within Higher Education Institutions and what are the main challenges for its meaningful adoption by learners and teachers.
- Analyze how EdTech is contributing or can further contribute to democratize access to higher education.
- Analyse how EdTech is contributing or can further contribute to enhance quality of higher education.
- Explore the main challenges – social, economic, infrastructural, legal – EdTech innovators face in Nigeria to implement and scale their creations.
Time: 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm (Nigeria, UTC+1)