What is the right to higher education?
The right to higher education is part of the fundamental right to education, protected in the 1948 Universal Declaration of Human Rights. The right to higher education incorporates both access (who can participate in higher education, how access can be equitable, etc.) and success: the support provided to students so that they can fully participate in and benefit from higher education.
- Round Table New approaches to the right to Higher Education (IESALC & UNESCO PLS/EDP) EN
- Roundtable higher education as a human right
- WAHED 2022 – Advocating for a rights-based approach to higher education
- Inclusion and the right to higher education
- Round Table What would it take to ensure access to higher education for all?
More information on the right to higher education can be found in the materials on this page.
The right to higher education: A social justice perspective
IESALC – 2022