- This event has passed.
Public consultation CRES+5 – Axis 12.2: The future of higher education in the Caribbean
16 November 2023 hora: 10:00 am
In preparation for the Regional Conference on Higher Education follow up (CRES+5), scheduled for March 13-15, 2024 in Brasilia, we invite networks, higher education institutions, stakeholders and other actors involved in higher education to join the virtual Public Consultation Axis 12.2: The future of higher education in the Caribbean.
The consultation will take place on Thursday, November 16, with the participation of the consultants leading the work of this Thematic Axis: Cheryl Gibson, academic tutor at the open campus of The University of the West Indies, Barbados; Dameon Black, executive director of the Tertiary Education Commission of Jamaica; Dhana Lazarus, accreditation officer of the Mercedes González Fernández-Larrea, methodologist of the Postgraduate Department of the University of Havana, Cuba.
The session will be organized as follows:
- Introduction on CRES+5 and Axis 12 (5 min): UNESCO IESALC
- Higher Education in the Caribbean and its integration with Latin America (15 min): Dameon Black and Mercedes González Fernández-Larrea.
- Debate open to all attendees, around two topics (1h40):
1. How do you imagine the future of Higher Education in the Caribbean in the medium and long term? What are the strategic axes for planning this future (50 min.).
2. From your point of view or that of your institution, what are the priorities for the future of Higher Education in the Caribbean in the next 5 years? (50 min.)
The proposals and priorities identified will be an integral part of the final document generated by axis 12.2 and will contribute to the construction of the final document of CRES+5.
We count on the participation of all stakeholders interested in the topic, in order to enrich the debate, the vision and the contributions of the Caribbean to CRES+5.
The consultation will be conducted with simultaneous interpretation: Spanish and English.
To register for the meeting, please access the following link: https://bit.ly/consulta12-2
Once you have registered, you will receive an e-mail with the login link and password via an automatic message from Zoom.
For further information, please do not hesitate to contact Giulia Ribeiro Barão: firstname.lastname@example.org