The Learning Design and Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) Bootcamp #EDSBootcamp 2022 is divided into several phases, we begin with the selection of volunteer mentors, who will be trained according to the model so that they will then work hand in hand with the teams allocated in the development of their programs.
What is a Bootcamp Mentor?
- A peer, experienced in Learning Design or Education for Sustainable Development, who provides advice and guidance as the teams progress through the Bootcamp.
- A guide to support its team in working through and reflecting on their designs in their immediate context.
- A good mentor is open and honest, non-judgemental, encouraging, positive, takes time to listen, asks questions, is trusting and trustworthy.
What are the advantages of being a mentor?
The Bootcamp offers great professional development opportunities for mentors:
- Join a unique community of experts and practitioners.
- For experts in ESD: develop your knowledge of best practices in learning design with a focus on online or hybrid methods.
- For experts in learning design: develop your knowledge of best practices with approaches based on Education for Sustainable Development (ESD).
- Get involved in scholarly activities in the areas of learning design and ESD.
- Certificate of recognition for being a Mentor of the EDS Bootcamp
How are the bootcamp mentors selected?
Anyone interested in becoming a Bootcamp Mentor needs to do the following:
Los mentores seleccionados comenzarán a participar en las actividades planificadas a partir de enero de 2022 (consulte la lista de responsabilidades a continuación).
- Complete the Expression of Interest Form – Deadline: Monday 4th October 2021.
- The Bootcamp Committee will review the expression of interests received and pre-select the mentors. The evaluation will be made based on:
– The mentor’s experience in Learning Design.
– The mentor’s experience in Education for Sustainable Development.
– Facilitation and coaching skills
– Motivation to participate as a mentor in the Bootcamp.
- Pre-selected mentors will be invited to enrol on the online course on Learning Design and Education for Sustainable Development hosted by UNESCO IESALC.
- The mentors will be selected based on their performance at the end of the online course.
The mentors selected start to engage with the activities planned starting in January 2022 (See list of responsibilities below).
Deadline – expressions of interest
The deadline to receive Expressions of Interest is Monday 4th October 2021.
Roles and responsibilities of the mentors
The Bootcamp mentors will engage with the Bootcamp over a period of eight months (from 27th October 2021 – 30th June 2022) with an average of 9 working days during that period.
|Complete the online course on Learning Design and Education for Sustainable Development hosted by UNESCO IESALC. The course will introduce the CoDesignS ESD Toolkit which will be applied throughout the Bootcamp.||The course starts on 27th October 2021 and last three weeks||7 hours per week for 3 weeks|
|Support the evaluation of proposals received (5 proposals per Mentor).||January 2022||1 hour per proposal|
|Mentorship – regular meetings with the team allocated.||From 24th March – 30th June 2022||Between 7-12 meetings in total (1 hour each)|
|Facilitate the online training course at the beginning of the Bootcamp (Forum + weekly Webinar).||From 24th March – 14th April 2022||An average of 12 hours in total|
|Attend the Bootcamp 2022 – 1st online themed workshop.||21st April 2022||2.5 hours|
|Attend the Bootcamp 2022 – 2nd online themed workshop.||19th May 2022||2,5 hours|
|Attend the Final Presentation of the Bootcamp.||30th June 2022||2,5 hours|
Anyone interested in becoming a Bootcamp Mentor and be part of the Bootcamp must submit the CoDesignSEducation for Sustainable Development Expressions of Interest before Monday 4th October 2021.