UNESCO IESALC is looking for interns to support its 25th anniversary commemorative program
Parent Sector: Education Sector (ED)
Duty Station: Caracas, Venezuela (in person)
Job Family: Education
Type of contract: Non Staff
Duration of contract: 3 months (20 hours per week)
Recruitment open to: External candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time): July 20, 2023
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
UNESCO’s International Institute for Higher Education in Latin America & the Caribbean (IESALC), as a UNESCO Category 1 Institute, is reaching its 25th anniversary.
In this sense, we are looking for two interns who will be in charge of:
1.- Archives: student of library science or related career.
- Search for information in different formats and platforms that will allow the production of information related to the trajectory of UNESCO IESALC and its workers. In the same way, the search will be carried out in the dead archives of UNESCO IESALC.
- Provide support for the production of anniversary commemorative materials.
2. Curatorship for visual project: art student or related career.
- Survey and cataloguing of UNESCO IESALC’s cultural heritage.
- Technical support for the elaboration of graphic material to be used in the promotion of the 25th anniversary of the Institute.
Under the overall authority of the Director of UNESCO IESALC, and the direct supervision of the Communication Department, interns will contribute to research, information gathering and content production related to the Institute’s 25th anniversary. Working as part of UNESCO IESALC’s interdisciplinary team, in collaboration with higher education stakeholders at different levels, they will carry out the following duties and responsibilities:
- Assisting in the search for content.
- Text editing and search for images and visual material.
- Support in the creation of content in digital media.
- Be able to work in Spanish and English
Competencies (Core / Managerial)
- Accountability (C)
- Communication (C)
- Planning and organizing (C)
- Results focus (C)
- Teamwork (C)
- Professionalism (C)
For detailed information, please consult the UNESCO Competency Framework.
Education: Undergraduate or graduate students in the field of Communication, Graphic Design, Art, Library Science and/or related disciplines
Subjects: Library Science, Communication fields, Digital Design, Art
Language skills: Written communication skills in English and Spanish.
- Visual Design
- Video Editing
- Content Management
Deadline for application: July 20, 2023
Start date: Tuesday, august 1, 2023
Location: Caracas, Venezuela (in person).
Interested parties should express their interest no later than July 20, 2023, by submitting a CV to Infoemail@example.com. Please use the following subject header: “Intern for Archive” or “Intern for visual project”.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.