IESALC announces International Scholarship Program on public policies in higher education
UNESCO-IESALC announces its International Scholarship Program on public policies in higher education. This Program has the support of the República Bolivariana de Venezuela. Postgraduate or doctoral students of any discipline of the social sciences whose current thesis are relevant to higher education may apply. Details follow.
UNESCO/IESALC International Scholarship Program on public policies in higher education
Introduction and objectives
The UNESCO International Institute for Higher Education in Latin America and the Caribbean (UNESCO/IESALC) has the mission of contributing to the development of higher education in the Latin American and Caribbean region, of its institutions and national higher education systems. UNESCO/IESALC is called upon to become an international reference institution for the promotion of higher education as a public good and as a universal right and, therefore, allocates 50% of its operational budget to promote international comparative research on higher education public policies in the following subjects:
1. Internationalization of higher education and academic mobility;
2. Quality and relevance of higher education;
3. Equity and inclusion in higher education;
4. Innovation in higher education.
With the objective of contributing to the international development of capacities in this area, UNESCO/IESALC with the support of the Government of the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela is now offering three (3) scholarships for postgraduate or doctoral students of any discipline of the social sciences whose current thesis are relevant for the 2020-2021 research program of the Institute.
Characteristics, amount and duration
The scholarships, of a duration of three months and exceptionally renewable for another three months, offer:
1. Participation in a UNESCO IESALC research project under the direct supervision of the Director of the Institute, including opportunities for participation in regional and international events. This participation should allow the development of the doctoral student’s capacity in articulating evidence to inform public policies;
2. A monthly monetary stipend of USD 1,000, for three months and, if approved, with an extension. The amount of the scholarship is not incompatible with other subsidies arranged and received by the applicants;
3. Round-trip air ticket, by the most economical route, from the city where the candidates reside to Caracas;
4. Guaranteed accommodation in the city of Caracas and secured daily transport from/to the UNESCO/IESALC headquarters;
5. In the case of doctoral students exclusively, a contribution to the research funding of the doctoral thesis of a single additional payment of USD 1,000 subject to the positive evaluation of the contribution made during the stay at UNESCO IESALC;
6. The start dates will be negotiable depending on the academic commitments of the applicants and the programming of the research activities of UNESCO IESALC.
The profile of the applicants must meet the following criteria:
1. Be a national of a UNESCO Member State;
2. Be enrolled in a postgraduate or doctoral program officially accredited by the competent national authority or body;
3. Be developing a thesis whose theme is relevant to the research priorities of UNESCO/IESALC;
4. Have the endorsement of the corresponding academic tutor or director of the postgraduate or doctoral program.
5. Proven English language proficiency for oral and written communication in an academic environment. Knowledge of other official languages of UNESCO will be assessed as additional merit.
The call will remain open from the date of its publication on the UNESCO IESALC website until January 15, 2020 and its result will be communicated on January 22, 2020.
Candidates should complete an online application at: https://forms.gle/Z95hPwwV7VbBjQbL7
To formalize the application, the following documents (in Spanish, French or English) must be attached to the application:
a) a curriculum vitae;
b) an example of authored academic work (study, analysis or essay);
c) a letter of academic recommendation;
d) three possible personal and/or professional references.
UNESCO/IESALC may organize an assessment exercise to evaluate the applicants’ competencies.
-UNESCO applies a zero-tolerance policy against all forms of harassment.
-UNESCO is committed to promoting gender equality within the Organization. Therefore, female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
-UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
For further enquiries please write to email@example.com
Foto de Michal Jarmoluk en Pixabay.
Subscribe to our newsletter